Thursday, March 31, 2011

Red Wagon by Renata Liwska



Let me first explain when I saw this at Barnes and Noble the other day, I HAD to stop and read it. There is a story, really more of a legend, about my first Christmas. According to those that were there, I spent that first Christmas day at my aunt's in a red wagon. Furthermore the legend states that my nana guarded me, apparently afraid the other 3 kids would "break" me! So of course I had to read this book.

Lucy is so excited to have a brand new red wagon. She can't wait to start playing with it. BUT Mom instead wants her to go to market to buy vegetables for dinner. Her trip to the market takes an interesting turn as she rides the waves in the high sea, takes off into space, through a circus and construction site. Lucy is however able to complete the task for Mother.

Story: 5 Buckeye Leaves
Illustrations: 5+ Buckeye Leaves (Love them! Best word to describe them is "sweet")

No comments: