Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Celebrating....FOOTWEAR!

Come to my house and look in my closet you will not see stacks of shoe boxes, all labeled with the color name. You will not find every variation of color. Bottom line I am not a shoe person because I have a triple A width shoe and finding shoes that are "cool" and stay on my feet is an ongoing battle. However there seems I have come across a TON of books recently dedicated to FOOTWEAR!!

Ooh La La Polka-Dot Boots by Ellen Olson-Brown
This is a favorite. It is just plain fun! Fun words, fun pictured, fun endpages, and fun half page flip pages make this book exciting for kids and adults to read.

Story: 4 Buckeye leaves
Illustrations: 4 Buckeye Leaves




Shoe-La-La! By Karen Beaumont
Another fun books geared more for the girl reader - on the pink scale, this is the definite winner! The four young ladies in the book are trying to find some new shoes for the "party" they are preparing for. Unfortunately they can not seem to find the right pair and instead uses their own creativity to create the perfect shoes.

Story: 3 Buckeye Leaves
Illustrations: 4 Buckeye leaves


Shoes for Me! By Sue Flies
Hippo needs some new shoes so mama hippo takes her shopping. Along the way she sees LOTS of other styles, colors, patterns, etc. Would be a good book for Kindergarten and


Story: 3 Buckeye leaves
illustrations 3 lRWE MW

1 comment:

Reading with Mrs. Horne said...

I bought the polka dot boots one for carson after you texted me about it. We love it!