Sunday, March 27, 2011

Can't Sleep Without Sheep by Susanna Leonard Hill



"Ava had a hard time falling asleep. Her mind was always so busy!" I laughed when I saw this beginning line in Can't Sleep Without Sheep..I am guessing most adults reading this book can relate to this. I found this books to be hilarious though, I am not sure the almost 3 year old got all the humor. The sheep are tired of visiting Ava every night and trying to help her go to sleep. The sheep propose having other animals take over their responsibilities in helping her go to sleep. A number of other animals, chickens, cows, pigs, hippos, etc, "apply" for the job and try their hand at jumping over Ava's fence. Ava and the sheep soon realize the best "animal" for the job is the sheep and things return to normal.

Illustrations are adorable and funny. Love the endpages with the sheep in night hats! Cute!

Story: 4 Buckeye leaves
Illustrations: 4 Buckeye Leaves

No comments: