Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Don't Read This Book! by Jill Lewis


Although I think younger kids would enjoy, Don't Read This Book! I am more excited to share it with my older elementary kids. They will "get" the humor the best. I thought it was hilarious. I love the illustrations. The illustrator created the illustrations to look just like the king is tearing through the pages and carries the idea of a construction site with graph paper background and various "workers" working on the book. Throughout the king threatens the reader not to read any farther. The king is trying to guess the title of this under construction book as he sees mattresses carried in, a pea, a queen and a prince. Great fun!!

Story: 5 Buckeye leaves
Illustrations: 5 Buckeye leaves

1 comment:

Elizabeth Bennett said...

Thanks for posting this review of "Don't Read This Book!" We are posting a link to your blog on our facebook page. Are you a fan yet? http://on.fb.me/fDZklw

Happy Reading,
Elizabeth Bennett
tiger tales