Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Mother Goose Picture Puzzles by Will Hillenbrand



I can't deny it....I LOVE THIS BOOK!!! LOVE IT!!! I was so excited to get my hands on it as the "picture puzzle" portion of the title had me wondering, but once I saw what they meant, I was ecstatic. This is truly a must for any child! A great baby gift....or 3rd birthday gift in case anyone that might be buying my son gifts for his upcoming birthday is reading, ha ha. So what is it? Mother Goose rhymes told with rebus (pictures used in the text in place of words). I think, and I hope, these are making a come back. I recently purchased some Max and Ruby rebus books for to-be-3 year old at our house. He does beautifully with these and I believe using these with him are laying the groundwork for beginning reading skills. And actually I have gotten "in trouble" if I don't let him read his part. If you have young children in your life OR you need a great gift, this is a must see!!

Story: 5 Buckeye leaves
Pictures: 5 Buckeye leaves

No comments: