Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Dream Big Little Pig! by Kristi Yamaguchi


Did you read that right? Yes, you did. Now I am a little skeptical when I first see a "famous" person with a book out. I just get a little bent out of shape when someone "famous" is able to publish a book that is not really any good at all but because of their name, they get published. (Ok, maybe a little bitter) So I laughed when I saw this book online but I do like the illustrator (Tim Bowers...yeah, for local Ohioan) so I decided to reserve it because I knew SOMEONE would ask me if I had read Kristi Yamaguchi's book. Well, I LOVED it. She has not only a good, solid message for kids but also great language, FUN language throughout the book. It is truly DARLING! Poppy Pig has lots of dreams but just does not seem to be very good at anything. Lucky for Poppy she has some great cheerleaders, her mother, grandparents, and best friend. Poppy finally ends up on the ice, big surprise, where she truly shines. I think it is obviously a great message for KIDS to "dream big" like Poppy but also for parents, family, and friends, to encourage youngsters to not give up. Loved it!!

Story: 5 Buckeye leaves
Illustrations 5 Buckeye leaves

No comments: