Sunday, March 20, 2011

Piggie and Elephant are BAAACKKK!!

First off - I am a BIG Mo Willems fan. That being said, the most recent Piggie and Elephant books have really topped even my expectations. Kids love to read them together, taking on the character of Piggie or Elephant. They contain "leveled" humor - meaning younger kids think they are funny....and the older kids think they are funny...but it may not be the same things they are laughing at.


We Are in a Book!
A 2011 Theodor Seuss Geisel Honor Book
Piggie has uncovered the TRUTH. She and Gerald are IN A BOOK! Piggie and Gerald have lots of fun with this new discovery until Piggie realizes that the book will soon END! (Gasp!)
Story: 5 Buckeye leaves

And now for my newest FAVORITE....for now....

I Broke My Trunk
Gerald has a problem. He broke his trunk. But how he broke his trunk, or rather what he did BEFORE he broke his trunk, is what makes this story so funny. This Piggie and Elephant book definitely got the best reactions from my students (grades 1-5). The kids thought they had the whole thing figured out....they were wrong. Kids and adults will enjoy this one. Hope Piggie is ok....As soon as this is in paperback, we will be adding it to our collection.

Story: 5+ Buckeye leaves

Note: And the next Piggie and Elephant book, Should I Share My Ice Cream, is due out June 14, 2011!!

No comments: