Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Goldilocks and the Three Bears: A Tale Moderne by Steven Guarnaccia



I admit I love a good retelling of a story - folk tale, fairy tale, tall tale, whatever. I happened to come across this one after I had read this author's Three Little Pigs book. I love the freshness of these books. Something different. Of course it is close enough to the original that kids will be able to relate the two easily. I LOVE the endpages. I try very hard to get ALL my students to really look at those endpages as they often provide "clues" about the story of some kind. These endpages show all the "moderne" pieces from the book and provides the name of the artist, year, etc. Will kids miss that? Probably unless it is pointed out to them. I missed in on the other book.

Story: 4 Buckeye Leaves
Illustrations: 4 Buckeye leaves

No comments: