Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Animal Antics A to Z


I read Hanna Hippo's Horrible Hiccups by Barbara deRubertis from the Kane Animal Antics A to Z series. In this book Hanna Hippo is battling a horrible case of hiccups. Hanna is hungry and hopes to have one of Homer Hog's huckleberry muffins. So you can see where this is going. I have read another from this series as well and as I have warned before, PREREAD because this is a tongue twister to read aloud! Each of the books in this series takes one letter, creates a character, and sends the character on an adventure, connected to their letter. I can already hear my kindergarten and 1st grade classes giggling at these books, or at least giggling at ME as I try to read them aloud! If I could find them all in paperbacks, I would purchase them for my schools as well as our house! The soon to be 3 year old thought it was quite funny and was really able to tell me the H sound after reading this!

For more information about the series:
http://www.kanepress.com/intro-animal.html

Story: 4 Buckeye leaves
Illustrations: 4 Buckeye leaves

No comments: