Sunday, April 24, 2011

Roly -Poly Egg by Kali Stileman (FINALLY!!)


I fell in love with this book on another book blog...and kept seeing it POP up on many of the book blogs I frequent. I simply HAD to get my hands on it! I tried our wonderful public library. Nope. I tried to win it. Nope. I tried Barnes and Noble store. Nope. Tried to get them to order it for me....well, he was not real nice about it telling me it would not be here in time for Easter because I was not a member of their "special" club....I only had the teacher card. FINALLY it came from Amazon - was ordered on Wednesday and arrived Saturday...Free shipping. So the 3 year old and I snuggled down to read it together at nap time....One day Splotch lays an egg. A small egg. A spotted egg. A perfect egg. But this small, spotted, perfect egg begins to roll and takes off on an adventure meeting many friends along the way - Jemima Giraffe, zebras, Christopher Crocodile, Emma Elephant, and Madison Monkey. Finally the egg returns to Splotch and begins to....crack!! And out comes.....

Adorable!! If I had been able to read this book prior to Easter, every kid on my Easter list would have gotten a copy. So cute. End pages, adorable! Splotch, adorable. And the grand finale, adorable. And throughout the journey of Splotch's egg, readers can trace the dotted line that the egg traveled. I am so excited to share this book with our kindergarten team that just finished (of course, too late for this year) their unit on EGGS!

2 comments:

Elizabeth Bennett said...

So glad you loved Roly-Poly Egg. So sorry you had to work so hard to get your hand on a copy! You can order any of our titles through our website (tigertalesbooks.com). Thanks for helping us spread the word.
Happy Reading,
Elizabeth Bennett
tiger tales

Jackie Higgins said...

Oops, I won it on the Tiger tales blog. Sorry. But I saw a link to this post on the Tiger tales fb page and I am now following your blog. It sounds like we have similar taste in children's lit AND I also have a three year old.