Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Rain Brings Frogs: A Little Book of Hope by Maryann Cocca-Leffler


I love this book. I am thinking I should start each day by reading this book (and in some cases end the day with it as well!). Nate is the one that ALWAYS sees the bright side of things..although in our house I would change "Nate" to "Jim" my husband.

"When his sister says, Its so ugly!" (in regards to a scarf)
"Nate says, It's so warm!" (showing the scarf tied up nice and toasty)

Although this book is written in simple terms, I really think it would be better used with 2nd grade and older and even then, only with discussion. It would be a great beginning of the year book to talk about thinking positive and some days you may be a "Nate" and other days, you are not. I also expect to see this one in the "gifts for grads" display at the stores.

Story: 5 Buckeye leaves
Illustrations: 5 Buckeye leaves

No comments: