Sunday, October 30, 2011

I Want My Hat Back by Jon Klassen



Ready for a good laugh? Here it is! BUT I will warn you, you have to wait until the end....and even then it may be a bit of a "delayed reaction"!! Bear loves his red hat. Bear's red hat is missing so he sets off to look for it. He asks every animal along the way: fox, frog, rabbit, turtle, etc. Noone has seen the hat. (My personal favorite response was: "What is a hat?" tee hee hee hee!) Bear is so sad that noone has seen it....BUT WAIT!!! He has seen it....ON AN ANIMAL! He must go find it....and he does.....but what happens to THAT ANIMAL?? Tee hee hee hee! Just gotta read it to find out for yourself! Mid to older elementary kids will enjoy this one. This book lends itself to a great reader's theater - which I think will make the book that much funnier.

Book trailer click HERE!

text: 5 Buckeye leaves
Illustrations: 4 Buckeye leaves
Endpages: 5 Buckeye leaves

No comments: