Thursday, October 20, 2011

I Believe In You by Marianne Richmond



Looking for a good tear jerker, gift book....Marianne Richmond books usually deliver! Her newest one is no exception. I barely made it through the first page before the lump formed in my throat...

"You came into our family with a big, BIG job to do, the one of growing up into the one and only you!"

If you can manage to get past this page, each page you encounter new words of wisdom, words often uttered by parents who have been there themselves, to their children. Words from those who know that some days are good, some are challenging, but regardless you must continue to believe.

"When the day dips up and down like a roller coaster ride, I believe in your quick laugh to love the lows and highs."

A great gift book - graduation, parent/grandparent/special friend to child, etc. Love all Marianne Richmond's books.

Text: 5 Buckeye leaves
Illustrations: 5 Buckeye leaves

I selected this book today, October 20, 2011.....in honor of an event that took place 3 years ago today, in Karaganda, Kazakhstan.....when a baby boy, dressed in pink, was carried into a room, one of nine babies in that room that morning, yet there was no doubt in my mind then, or now, that he belonged in our family. Even 3 years later, I remember many details of that day.....about the day I held my son for the first time.

October 20, 2008 - Karaganda, Kazakhstan


October 20-ish, 2011 - Columbus, Ohio

No comments: