Friday, December 2, 2011

The Twelve Days of Christmas Dogs by Carolyn Conahan


I will admit I am not an animal person....dogs are cute - from afar BUT for the dog lovers this is a cute and fun book! I also love when authors take a popular song/story and change it for a new theme - yes, I have mentioned this before too! As you can probably guess, this book is a new Twelve Days of Christmas. With each new "day" new dogs appear.

"On the fourth day of Christmas my best friend gave to me...
four collie dogs,
three French dogs,
two turtle dogs,
and a pug puppy under the tree."

I think my favorite is on the tenth day of Christmas, "ten Labs a-leaping".

If you or someone you know is a dog lover, this would make a great book to have on the shelf!

Text: 4 Buckeye leaves
Illustrations: 4 Buckeye leaves (some really funny pictures)

No comments: