Sunday, December 11, 2011

Just a Little Luck by Mercer Mayer


We have a BIG FAN of Little Critters books at our house so when I saw this at the library, I knew we have to check it out. Little Critter finds a penny on the ground but can not remember whether it was heads up or tails up. Little Critter thinks it must be tails up as he has a sting of bad luck: dropping ice cream, flat tire, falling off bike, school project ruined, etc. Little critter starts feeling pretty sorry for himself. On Saturday Grandpa takes him to the fair, and things improve and the string of bad luck has ended. I think there is a message that adults could benefit from as well. A good book to start a classroom discussion.

1 comment:

Ms. Yingling said...

My son is 16 and STILL won't let me get rid of the Little Critter books I picked up at the thrift store. Back in the day, there was also a Little Critter computer game my children loved!