Saturday, May 21, 2011

I Don't Want a Posh Dog! by Emma Dodd


I like Emma Dodd's books for their simple story lines but fun use of words. She always makes great word choices. This was another 1/2 Price Books find this am. This was another book we borrowed from the library and did not take back for a LONG time. The little girl wants a dog....but she knows what kind of dog she does NOT want and explains it through her very precise choice of words.

"I don't want a posh dog. A blow-dry-when-washed dog."
"I don't want a snooty dog. A fancy, attitudey dog."

The dogs to match her words are hilarious and so fitting to her her words. She also has since published the "cat" version of this book, I Don't Want a Cool Cat! Great fun!

Text: 5 Buckeye leaves
Illustrations: 5 Buckeye leaves

No comments: