Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The Gingerbread Man Loose In the School by Laura Murray


Hilarious! I love this book! I loved it so much I read about 3 pages, did not read the rest, and bought it on the spot! How can you go wrong when it starts off, "I began in a bowl." A group of children measured and mixed to create a gingerbread man. Unfortunately it was time for recess and the children sped out of the room....without the gingerbread man knowing it. A distressed gingerbread man then sets out in search of the lost children. "I'll run and I'll run, As fast as I can. I can catch them! I'm their gingerbread man!" Along the way the gingerbread man meets lots of other school employees: art teacher, principal, nurse, etc. I can NOT wait to share this with the kids! Adults will love the humor used throughout the book as well!


Text: 5 Buckeye Leaves - in a word - CLEVER
Illustrations: 5 Buckeye leaves - Fits perfectly
Endpages: 4 Buckeye leaves

*AND I got a poster too!!!

UPDATE: Laura Murray, author of The Gingerbread Man Loose in the school, commented below - providing me with her website....check it out! Super cute and fun! I love when authors provide things for teachers and librarians...helps that she is a teacher too!!

http://www.lauramurraybooks.com/index.html



STAY TUNED!!! I HAVE ORDERED A BOOK FROM AMAZON....SUPPOSE TO BE OUT TODAY.....AND I CAN BARELY STAND THE WAIT!!! WILL BE POSTING ABOUT IT SOON!! YAHOO!! (THERE ARE FEW THINGS I GET THIS EXCITED ABOUT...)

2 comments:

L. Murray said...

Hi - this is Laura Murray, author of The Gingerbread Man Loose in the School. I just wanted to thank you so much for the enthusiastic and wonderful "shout out" about my book. I loved writing it and am thrilled that you loved reading it! There are many gingerbread-related activities and an extensive teacher's guide with printables on my website if you want to take a peek - www.LauraMurrayBooks.com. Thank you again! - Laura Murray

Franki said...

Looking forward to reading this one:-)