Sunday, June 26, 2011

Doggy Whys by Lila Prap


I will begin by saying I LOVE cute, little, fluffy, non yapping dogs....from far away. I never had a dog. I don't think I ever will. I can appreciate a cute one but beyond that....But I LOVE this book. The illustrations are adorable - look at that cover! How can you resist picking it up with that face staring at you?? Then of course I check the endpages....slam dunk!!! Even more adorable! LOVE them!! Then to the actual writing...each 2-page spread has a question at the top, such as: Why do dogs do what we tell them? OR Why do some dogs' ears hang down? Somehow some CATS get into the book and "answer" the question from the top...hmmm I don't think those cats are telling the truth but they do tell some that are good for a laugh! Of course the page includes the actual answer as well as a picture of some type of dog with a paragraph about that type of dog. Kids will LOVE this book! Adult dog fanatics will love this book! Even NON-DOG LOVERS will like this book! A great FUN twist on nonfiction! And one I plan to buy for both of my schools!

Text: 5 Buckeye leaves
Illustrations: 5 Buckeye leaves
Endpages: 5+ Buckeye leaves....LOVE LOVE LOVE these!! They are covered with....of course, dogs!! AND with each dog is a label for us "non-dog" people!

1 comment:

Jackie Higgins said...

oooh, my baby boy loves dogs!!!! I don't know if we'll ever get to have one either bc my oldest has asthma/allergies but I do try to find a lot of dog books so thanks for the suggestion!