Monday, October 28, 2013

The Three Bears ABC: An Alphabet Book

I will admit I was skeptical when I saw this book thinking that it might be forced and that the ABC aspect would alter the story of the three bears.  I was pleasantly surprised.   The flow of the story was not in any way strained and I found myself wondering how the author would tie the next letter into the story. 

"C is for cool.  The bears waited for the hot porridge to cool. So Papa put on his cap, Mama her cape, and Baby his coat."

"O is for open.  The bears found their front door open.  How odd!" 

A wonderful addition to any study of the Three Bears.  Older/advanced students could be challenged to anticipate how the next letter will be added to the story. 

Text:  5 Buckeye Leaves
Illustrations:  5 Buckeye leaves

No comments: