Saturday, January 7, 2012

Bun Bun Button by Patricia Polacco


I feel as if I have been out of the loop lately (spent half of winter break van shopping so did not get to library as I had planned) and was quite happy to see a new Polacco book on the new book shelf today (although it has been out for a few months...I am slipping!)! Bun Bun Button is a cute story about Paige Elizabeth loves spending time with her Gramma: baking cookies, snuggling in the blue chair, and reading. Sitting in the blue chair becomes even more enjoyable when Gramma makes Paige a cuddly bunny with a button nose to cuddle in the blue chair. Paige and Bun Bun Button go everywhere together until the day that a balloon carries Bun Bun off on an adventure, leaving Paige behind. Will Bun Bun return? An adorable story from one of the greatest storytellers. One thing I really like about this book is the length....it is not too long so I hope Adam will sit through it all (heck I had to read 19 books after lunch...YES 19....so I think he will be quite happy to sit through this one!!). Another great treat from Polacco focused on family and the relationships shared within.

Text: 5 Buckeye leaves
Illustrations: 5 Buckeye leaves
Endpages: 5 Buckeye leaves (Bun Bun Button in action!)

No comments: