Friday, November 11, 2011

Twelve Haunted Rooms of Halloween



Yes, I know, a little late BUT I had to check this one out this week from the library. It is so cute. I LOVE Halloween books that are not scary or yucky, especially when you are reading them to some of your 1000 students, or your own 3 1/2 year old!!! You might guess from the "twelve" in the title, that the text is patterned after the 12 Days of Christmas.

"Through the fifth haunted doorway I peeked right in to see...
five jack-o-lanterns!
Four skeletons,
Three black cats,
Two wicked witches,
And a bat hanging from a bare tree."

As in the song, this book continues, adding a "new" item in each room. The illustrations are cute, kid-oriented. I will be tucking this book away in my memory until next year.

Text: 4 Buckeye leaves
illustrations: 4 Buckeye leaves

No comments: