Friday, July 5, 2013

The Story of Fish and Snail by Deborah Freedman




I think I might have screamed, loudly, when I saw this little treasure on the shelf of the cutest bookstore in Michigan while on vacation last week.  Luckily, no one but my husband and 2 kids were close enough to hear this outburst, and they are use to my giddiness when it comes to books.  Why was I so excited?  Because the author/illustrator of this little gem is the same as one of my most favorite books of all time, Blue Chicken (2011).  And this newest book from Freedman has now earned its spot on my most loved picture books of all time....how could it not....look at these illustrations!!!

Snail is waiting for Fish to come share new stories.  This time though Fish wants to SHOW Snail another story.  Snail is not a fan of this and the two friends begin to argue.  Fish swims off in anger....right out of the book.  Snail is now faced with the decision as to whether to take the chance and follow FIsh or to stay in the book.  Terribly creative, inventive illustrations, with a fun story containing a great message.  

Text:  5 Buckeye leaves
Illustrations:  5 Buckeye leaves

No comments: