Monday, March 12, 2012

Otto The Book Bear by Katie Cleminson

Feel like I am FINALLY starting to get my head above water....waiver day presentation of grades 3-5 picture books - check; levy passed - check (though this is not all sunshine and roses as unfortunately, cuts still have to be made including some cuts in the library program as well as many other programs district wide....but that is a discussion for another day). So I am now trying to catch up on my younger picture book reading which thanks to my wonderful soon-to-be- 4 year old son, I have my audience always ready and waiting!

This is a new favorite of mine! I paired this book with Dog Loves Books (by Louise Yates) and The Wonderful Book (by Leonid Gore) for my first grade classes today. Otto is a book bear. What is a book bear? A bear that lives in a book of course! And at night Otto climbs out of his book to explore and read. He is quite content with his life until the day he is out of his book exploring and gets left behind. Otto decides to take off on an adventure but soon realizes he is not so crazy about what he finds. Finally he comes upon a building with lots of.....BOOKS!!! He soon discovers many book creatures within the rows and rows of books. Otto is once again happy to be

Text: 5 Buckeye leaves
Illustrations: 5 Buckeye leaves
Endpages: 5 Buckeye leaves LOVE THEM!!

No comments: