Thursday, February 16, 2012

Let's Play in the Forest...While the wolf is not around! By Claudia Rueda


Not a new book (copyright 2006) but new to me and I can't wait to share this one with the little ones. The story is told through speech bubbles which lends itself nicely to a readers theater experience. The animals are asking the wolf, "Wolf, are you there?" The wolf responds each time as he gets dressed. The animals become more concerned as they realize the wolf is almost dressed. The surprise ending will leave the reader laughing and the animals relieved.

Text: 4 Buckeye leaves
Illustrations: 4 Buckeye leaves


1 comment:

Katie (Recipe for Reading) said...

I am glad you shared this one because I have never seen it until now! I think it would be very funny to read aloud--good idea for suggesting presenting the book as a readers theater experience. I can't wait to use this!