Tuesday, April 29, 2008

The Mystery of Kill Devil Hills


This is a book I have had for years but never read it. I bought it when I taught 4th grade Ohio history since the book is about the Wright Brothers. I recently purchased the entire series of Carole Marsh Mysteries for Fouse and thought I better read this so I could "sell" it to the kids. The characters are the grandchildren of the author. There are some real photographs of the characters within the book. I was initially attracted to the books because they involved real places and historical events. This book takes place on the sand dunes of Kill Devil Hills as preparations are being made for the Centennial of Flight festivities. The kids must find the priceless missing plane in time for the festivities. The content of the book is appropriate for elementary kids and also will teach about different places and events.

Grade Level: 3rd- 5th

No comments: